Hospital Helper

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hospital Helper

I'm Baaaaaack!
Yes this is Gordie and I am back home. I wanted to personally thank you for not only your prayers but for the overwhelming support for my family. For all of you who entertatined me in a rather dull environment, the calls of encouragement and the overwehlming prayer that went out on our behalf.

Here is where we are at. By God's infinite Grace and mercy He prevented me from having a massive heart attack. (that part of the story is some where else) He placed me at just the right hospital ahead of the earliest time expected and moved me ahead of the line once we got there.

The doctors found 4 blockages. The first two were near the top of the left coronary artery. These two were fixed with an angioplasty (balloon) and a stent. The 3rd blockage was on a branch artery and has been there for quite some time. After a follow up review it was determined that it would be too dangerous to go back in as it might dislodge the first stent. They will try and correct this blockage with drugs and diet. The 4th blockage was not as severe and is at the beginning of the right coronary artery. This too hopefully will be corrected with diet and drugs.

I guess I am looking at a lifestyle change for the rest of my life and prayerfully hoping that I do not have to go back for another angioplasty. The good news is that this does not need to slow me down if I am good in my eating and excercises. As to causes, I have been on a low salt diet, lots of excercise, lost weight and eat very little in the way of fatty foods. I do not have real high cholesterol level either so I guess I can chalk this one up to dear old Mom and Dad.(heredity)

This will probably be the last post but I sure have enjoyed coming home to read all of your responses. Thank you again for everything and I love you all.
gordie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to hear that you are home and feeling much better. Take care of yourself and we will continue to pray that the other blockages will dissolve without further surgery.

Happy belated Birthday, Joan!

With love,
Lois and family

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are home. Thanks for keeping us informed step by step. We may be able to see you in April or May.
Love,
Ken and Mary

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord for His mercy! We're thankful to hear of your wellbeing.

God bless,
Gabriel and Rachel Powell

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home