Hospital Helper

Saturday, March 04, 2006

Hospital Helper

hospital Helper

I went and visited my dad yesterday (Friday) and he looked pretty good. He and my mom were cheerfuly enjoying all the visitors that have been coming by. I kind of felt sorry for his roommate who was trying to sleep.

My dad has been moved out of ICU into the Definitive Observation Unit (DOU) as he awaits transfer to a hospital that can treat him. The procedure he needs involves threading a needle with a camera in it into an artery and in to his heart. This will help them look around and see if there are any blockages or plaque build up that they can scrape away. If there is a collapsed vein that is causing the problem they will put a stint in with a balloon attached to blow the vein back up.

My dad really wants wisdom about how to proceed. He would like to be transferred to another hospital on Monday but knows this isn't a realistic time frame. Please pray that he will remain encouraged and cheerful about his situation and that he can get the treatment he needs soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzette said...

Jacquelyn,

I will keep praying for your father and all of your family.

10:53 AM  
Blogger The Parkinsons said...

Gordie, Joan and Family,

Just wanted to reiterate what I send in email. We were shocked to get the news. Just know that all of you are in our prayers.

Caryl, the kids and myself send our love. We wish we could be there with you.

Our church family is praying.

I was reminded of one of grandma Waldock's verses. "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." Deuteronomy 33:27a

With much love from the Parkinsons
Joe


P.S. It there a way to make the blog anonymous so that you folks con't have to create a blog?

7:41 PM  
Blogger Kristi said...

I'm praying for you all! Thank you so much for keeping us updated...love you all so much.
Love and prayers,
Kristi

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home